A safe and welcoming school environment is essential for students to grow and dev elop in mind, body and spirit. Establishing and maintaining this positive and safe atmosphere is achieved by staff, students, parents/guardians and the community working together.
Security & Signing In
All school doors will be locked. Visitors must buzzed in and sign in at the office.
Parents may wait for their child by the office. If you are simply dropping something off or picking up your child, the office will call the student down to the office or we will take the item to the student. This limits and tracks who has access to our students, minimizing interruptions and increasing the safety of all students.
Visitors must sign in and wear a visitor identification tag. When leaving, visitors should sign out at the office and return the tag.
Other Ways That We Keep Our Students Safe
- We teach our students about Fruits of the Holy Spirit and "Restorative" Conflict Resolution strategies.
- All members of our community support our Code of Conduct .
- All parents and visitors state their business at the office upon arrival.
- Alcohol, smoking, and illicit drugs are strictly prohibited on school property.
- When students are not going home in the usual manner, a morning note or phone call is required.
- A safe arrival procedure is in place to alert staff to unexplained student absence.
- The school community works cooperatively with bus operators to ensure safe bus transportation .
- Fire and lock down drills are conducted each term.
- We seek assistance from Board Social Work personnel.
- We seek assistance from Board approved community agencies.
- Students must sign an Internet Acceptable Use Agreement form for each division of their education at PVNC Catholic District School Board.